This recipe uses our custom-mixed gluten-free flour.
- Makes: 1.5 lb loaf
- Time: 10 minutes to prepare mix. 2:50 in the bread machine. 2 hours to cool
Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread Recipe
Here are the ingredients and steps for our bread machine sandwich bread recipe.
First 3 Things to Do
Before mixing either wet or dry ingredients, here are the first three things to do:
- Put a coffee mug of water in the microwave for 30 seconds and set it aside while mixing and compiling other ingredients.
- Put three eggs in a large bowl with hot water from the tap and set them aside.
- Measure the yeast and set it aside.
This will warm the eggs and allow the water to cool to the correct temperature while assembling the wet and dry ingredients.
- 21 grams of yeast
- 360 grams Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1/4 cup of cane sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of sea salt (grey, unbleached)
- 4 tsp of psyllium husk powder (substitute with 2 tsp of xanthan gum)
Measure the yeast and set it aside.
Weigh flour on a large bowl on the scale, then add the rest of the dry ingredients.
I quickly mix them together with a fork or spatula.
I add these ingredients to a large, 4-cup measuring pitcher.
- 3 large eggs (brought to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of warm water (80-90 °F). The temperature isn’t exact, just not too cold too warm. You might need to plus/minus the water by 1-2 tbsp.
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
Put all wet ingredients in a measuring pitcher and mix with a fork, until eggs are fully mixed.
Added Ingredients to Bread Machine
Once wet and dry ingredients are mixed separately, add the ingredients in this order.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bread pan
- Add dry ingredients
- Pour yeast into the center of dry ingredients
Bread Machine Settings
Here are the settings we use on the bread machine
- Look for Gluten-Free Bread setting
- Choose Medium Crust
- Choose 1.5lb loaf setting
While mixing, within the first couple of minutes, take a spatula and push down any flour or dough.
When the bread is finished baking, remove and set the pan upside down on a cooling rack. Once bread releases, remove the pan and allow the bread to fully cool before cutting.
Leave a Reply